While I’m very serious about each of these opinions, I’ve taken a more light-hearted/sarcastic tone with explanations. I realize they’re absolutely my own opinions and that, for the most part, they’re very much first world problems. It’s just meant to be more of a light-hearted laugh. Hopefully I’m not the only one who can relate to these things.
- Getting cat called. Seriously, in no way, shape or form does this ever feel good. If anything, it makes you feel cheap… and very insecure. At least it does for me.
- Why does everything for girls need to be pink? Honestly. It’s as though male specific products got every colour under the spectrum, but then it comes to female specific products and it’s pink. It’s always pink. As girls are we just supposed to only like the colour pink?
- People assuming you know nothing about sports because you’re a girl. Because why would we know anything about sports? All we’re supposed to care about is lipgloss and high heels, right?
- When you’re not allowed to legitimately be angry, with people passing it off as ‘You’re just PMSing’. No, you’re just being an asshole and pissing me off. Furthermore, PMS does not make me angry. I know because I’ve been experiencing it 12 times a year for nearly two decades.
- “When are you having kids?” This is specifically one for when you reach adulthood. Oh, and don’t forget about how much more awful it gets being asked this question when you have a boyfriend or significant other. It’s as though as soon as you reach a certain age being female, you’re of ‘breeding age’ and everyone is expecting you to have kids. What if I want to establish my career? What if I don’t want kids at all?
- Good hair days never last long enough and bad hair days are always too frequent. It’s true. On the days when I feel as though my hair is actually cooperating with me, I figure it’ll last for 3-5 hours… tops. And every other day of the week I rock that ‘just out of bed’ look and that’s the best it gets.
- Bra sizes are never the same. NEVER. Sizes differ from store to store and even from bra to bra. You can purchase two bras that are the exact same size in the same store and one will fit and one won’t. Come to think of it, this is really true about all clothing in general. Last week I bought two pair of jeans from Old Navy that were the same size – one pair fit like a glove and the other I couldn’t get over my hips.
- Listening and singing along to a really badass song on the radio and then it gets to the point where there are exceptionally degrading comments about girls. You thought it was such a good song and now you’re questioning your choices and why you would like something that profits of the degrading of your gender.
- The struggles that come with washing your hair. Because washing your hair means that you need to dry your hair and then do your hair because you have to at least try and then you’ve lost several hours of your day so you start trying to last longer between hair washings.